Total Pageviews

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

How To: Wear Sequins

New Year's Party Attire 
Sequins are a very popular trend right now, so I thought I would put together two ways to wear sequins without over doing it. When wearing a trend like sequins, remember to keep everything else simple. You don't want to have too much going on because you want the main focus to be the sequins.



In the casual outfit I picked the black sequined blazer because I thought it was very chic and trendy. I paired it with a pair of simple, dark wash skinny jeans and some plain black pumps. For accessories, I picked a classic Chanel bag, a black and gold cocktail ring, and Betsey Johnson stone drop earrings. I really like this look because it puts a very classic and chic spin on sequins. 
In the dressy outfit I picked a silver sequin dress. Because this is such a stand out dress, I kept the accessories really simple, more so than I did with the casual outfit. I chose black accessories to bring out the black accents in the dress. For jewelry, I only chose black teardrop earrings because I didn't want to over power the outfit with accessories, you could also add rings if you wanted to. I also chose a leather Yves Saint Laurent clutch and black platform ankle booties to go with it. I really like this outfit for a girls night out or for a party. I think this outfit would look especially good for a New Year's Party.
With either of these outfits I think a classic red lip would look really pretty with it and give your face that little extra pop to stand out against the sequins. When doing a red lip, remember to keep the rest of your makeup simple. A classic black, winged eye liner with a nude eye shadow would really help pull each outfit together.

Shop these outfits below:

Casual Outfit:

Dressy Outfit:


Will you be rocking sequins this season? 

No comments:

Post a Comment