As the temperature starts to drop, the air begins to dry out, which means your skin will begin to dry out as well. That means that, in order to keep your skin soft and moisturized during the winter months, you'll need to try a little harder than you would during the warmer months. So, here are a few simple ways to make sure that your skin is always looking its best:
1. Make sure you apply lotion every morning and night. This is very important to do all year, but it is especially important to do during the cooler months. My favorite lotion to use is Vaseline Intensive Care Coco Butter Deep Conditioning Body Lotion. It is very moisturizing and it smells really nice.
2. Apply a moisturizing lip balm/chapstick multiple times throughout the day. This is really important because lips are so sensitive and get dry very easily, but a good lip balm can help keep your lips soft and moisturized. My favorite lip balm is eos Smooth Lip Balm Sphere, it really makes your lips soft and smooth after only a few uses.
3. Use a hand lotion throughout the day. Because we are constantly using our hands throughout the day, you want to keep them looking and feeling their best. I use eos Nourish Everyday Hand Lotion and I really like it because it really moisturizes my hands. It is also the perfect size to carry with you in your purse.
4. Exfoliate 1-2 times a week. This is a very easy way to get rid of dead skin cells and keep your skin glowing. You can use either a homemade scrub or you can buy one. My favorite is Lush Ocean Salt Cleanser. It is made to use on your face, but can also be used on any other part of the body. It doesn't irritate your skin, and it also helps with blocked pores and blemishes.
5. Do NOT take steaming hot showers. This can strip your skin of it's moisture, so try to cool the water down a little.
6. Drink LOTS of water. This will give you a clear, radiant complexion and add moisture to your skin. It also has many other benefits for your body.
Photo from HERE.